Welcome to Eric's Blog

Want to support the cause? Click here.

PPRAC XIX starts on July 28 - Pittsburgh, PA to Palmerton, PA!

I will train, and my wonderful friends and family will have donated over $5000. Please be a part of that! Then there will be nothing left to do but ride! And tweet pithy comments from the road.

Please donate, the more the better! Without the fundraising, it doesn't really help too many people with cancer or children with serious illnesses. Awareness is great, but fundraising is where the rubber meets the road.


If you are ready to donate, please do it now before you get distracted! Click here. Then feel free to come back and browse through my souvenirs of PPRACs XV, XVI, and XVII. It's okay, I'll wait.

If you need some more convincing, I have just the thing for you. My friend Ellen wrote a beautiful letter explaining how PPRAC has benefited her personally. Check it out here.

Down below, you will find the Tweets from the road. I hope you enjoy them. Now, how about a donation? support PPRAC XIX!

Twitter Feed

Below is my Twitter feed which will have my my tweets from the road (and also my old ones from PPRAC XVII and XVI). It will give you a little insight into the mind of Eric during this ride.

Don't forget to donate to PPRAC XIX!


Friday, August 5, 2011

almost home

No, not the cookies from the 80's. (Majestic interlude) Day 5 is behind us! But first, day 4.

Thursday-Cumberland to Hanover, PA.

This was a "recovery day." We only rode 73 miles, and it wasn't all hills. We actually had long flat stretches. And finally having figured out how to eat properly, I felt great. It was wonderfully overcast so riding was a joy. But we did see "Mount Misery Road." Thankfully our route did not include that particular street.

What else can I say? My cycling buddy, Kelly was not having as much fun as I was. She prefers smoking me on the long climbs. Without those, she couldn't make me look like a fool.

Speaking of looking like a fool, I took care of that on my own. I am following Kelly when I hear "on your left." I drift right a bit, and somehow end up with my wheel right next to Kelly's back wheel. I tense up and try to stay straight. But I bump into her wheel, and almost crash! As I am going down and am thinking about how much this is going to hurt, I miraculously get my left foot unclipped. I get my foot to the ground and slide it along the pavement while braking to a stop. Kelly felt the hit, but fortunately was not put in danger. My guardian angel was on the ball!

I got to eat ice cream!

Friday-Hanover to Annville,PA

Back to a normal day-85 miles with 6000 ft of climbing. And welcome back heat! But I made it without incident. Unfortunately for me, Kelly was back to smokin me on the climbs. It was tough, but I felt pretty good.

We pulled into Lebannon Valley College arround 3.I had a beer in the truck. Then we had a great dinner provided and donated by the school. After dinner, lots of thanks from the american cancer society and great stories from the road. Then a nice chat with old friends who had exciting news, now the posting.

When I get some time to digest all of this, I will reflect on the whole experience and expound.

No comments:

Post a Comment